Here are the instructions to get you set up with myLevels - just let us know if you have any questions along the way at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Order your Dexcom G7 sensor: You can find them here. You just need one G7 sensor (and you don't need the G7 Receiver) to get started. People often like to use more than one sensor but you can just order one now and wait to see if you want to order another later.
Step 2 (once your sensor arrives): Download the Dexcom G7 app and set up your sensor: Follow the instructions in the Dexcom app to put on your sensor and pair it to the Dexcom app. You can put it on yourself or have a friend help you. The sensor will then start calibrating - this takes just 30 minutes. We have some more tips on putting on the sensors below.
Step 3: Link Dexcom with Apple Health: In the Dexcom app, go to Connections & click Apple Health. There will be a 3 hour delay for the sugar levels to go into Apple Health and so data coming into myLevels will always be 3 hours delayed, but you can see your real-time sugar levels in the Dexcom app.
Join the myLevels Early Adopters Facebook Group: If you've not already joined we have a private Facebook Group where you can share experiences and ask questions.
*Some tips from using the sensors ourselves:
- Don't worry, it doesn't hurt to put on! There is a needle to insert the sensor but all that's left inside you is a small fibre the width of a hair.
- You need to press the applicator down AND press the button (this took us a little while to work out...!)
- Use the sticky cover patch provided in the box - definitely worth it!
- You need to be careful not to knock your sensor since if the sensor comes off there’s no way to put it back on. We’ve had most success putting the sensor on the back of the arm (right round the back so it doesn’t get knocked on doorframes or when you’re taking off bags & clothes). It's also definitely worth using the sensor cover that comes in the box.
- To keep a good connection, stay near your phone, keep the bluetooth on and the Dexcom G7 app open. It only stores about 3hours of data so make sure your bluetooth is on overnight especially.
- You are recommended not to shower / swim for 6 hours after putting the sensor on - though it's totally fine after that.